Property Inquiry Service

If you are unsure whether a specific property falls under the jurisdiction of Ontario Regulation 165/06, you can either contact our office directly, or submit a property information request along with the applicable fee.

Current property owners, prospective purchasers, or their representatives may request information on a property through our Property Inquiry Service. This service provides important information on whether the property is in, or adjacent to, the following:

  • regulated natural hazards under the Conservation Authorities Act (e.g., floodplains, watercourses, ravines, slopes, wetlands, etc.);
  • natural heritage features on local Official Plans; and
  • source water protection areas regulated under the Clean Water Act, 2006.

The MRCA will provide a letter outlining all of the natural features identified, applicable setbacks, and appropriate reports required. The letter provides a formal record of development related policies and requirements under Ontario Regulation 165/06, the Conservation Authorities Act, the Clean Water Act, 2006, and the City of Timmins Site Alteration By-law.

Please note that a property information request is not a permit and is not permission to start construction.