The Wintergreen Fund for Conservation offers a $1,500 scholarship to a student graduating from a local high school who has decided to further their education in one of the environmental, conservation or natural resources fields of study.
We are proud to recognize the efforts of our youth in protecting and enhancing our local environment. Many of today’s students will lead tomorrow’s environmental efforts.
An application package must be completed by the student and submitted directly to the Wintergreen Fund for Conservation. Our committee members will review submissions and determine the recipient based on the applicant’s interest and involvement with environmental studies and conservation.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
The scholarship is open to students:
- completing their final year of high school in the City of Timmins;
- who will be entering their first year of full-time undergraduate study in a college or university; and
- who have a demonstrated record of participation, leadership or volunteerism in the promotion of conservation awareness and the environment in our local watershed.
How to apply for the Wintergreen Scholarship?
Your application package must include:
- completed Wintergreen Scholarship Application Form;
- a letter of interest introducing yourself, your plans for post secondary education and why you feel you deserve the scholarship;
- a resume demonstrating your participation in extracurricular activities and community involvement;
- one (1) letter of reference from a project advisor, teacher, principal or community leader.
Submit your application package via email tom [email protected] or,
via mail to the attention of:
Wintergreen Scholarship for Environmental Conservation
Wintergreen Fund for Conservation
c/o Mattagami Region Conservation Authority
100 Lakeshore Road, Timmins, ON P4N 8R5
The application deadline for 2021 has come to an end.
WINTERGREEN SCHOLARSHIP FOR ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION RECIPIENT 2021
Jasmine Groleau, École publique Renaissance
WINTERGREEN SCHOLARSHIP FOR ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION RECIPIENT 2020
Tyler Marcotte, Timmins High & Vocational School
Wintergreen Scholarship for Environmental Conservation Recipient 2019
Nicolas Lalonde, École secondaire catholique Thériault