Report a Trail Hazard
The Mattagami Region Conservation Authority maintains a network of trails within the City of Timmins through trail agreements with property owners. During the spring, summer and fall months, all trails are regularly monitored for hazards. During the winter months, only the Gillies Lake Promenade and Hersey Lake trails are maintained.
How to Report a hazard?
If you notice a hazard on our trails, please take a minute to fill out the form below.
- Be as specific as possible so we can bring the correct equipment to address the problem
- Attach photos if you have them
- Use the what3words app to identify the exact location of the hazard
We will contact you only if we require additional information regarding your request. Otherwise, we will address it as soon as possible.
What is a hazard?
- A washout on the trail
- A tree down across the trail
- A bridge out or with loose boards
- Damaged picnic table or benches
- Vandalism to trail signage
Which trails do we maintain?
- Bridge to Bridge: along both sides of the Mattagami River
- Scout Rock: from Denise Park to Highway 655
- Gillies Lake: around Gillies Lake
- Golden Springs: from Highway 655 at Ross Ave. to Hersey Lake Conservation Area
- Hersey Lake: walking trails throughout the Hersey Lake Conservation Area
- Lion’s Walk: from Highway 655 at Gillies Lake to the McIntyre Park
- Rotary: from Schumacher to South Porcupine along Highway 101
- Bart Thomson North: from OPP station to Ontario Government Complex
- Bart Thomson South: from Bannerman Park along south shore of Porcupine Lake to White Waterfront Park
- Prospector’s Trail: from White Waterfront Park to Highway 101