We recommend that you look at the following flood resource sites to help you prepare your family and property in the event of a flood.
- Get Prepared: Government of Canada site providing information on preparing your property for flooding and how to create a family emergency plan and kit.
- Emergency Management Ontario: Province of Ontario’s information on how to create a family emergency plan.
- Ontario Floods: Province of Ontario site providing information on what to do before, during and after a flood.
- Porcupine Health Unit: The Porcupine Health Unit provides information on what to do in the event of a flood.
- Flood Smart Canada: Provides information on the risks, what you can do to prepare, and what to do if you experience a flood.
Publications and Brochures
- MRCA Flood Contingency Plan 2020
- Flood Forecast and Warning—What is it? (Conservation Ontario pamphlet)
- Some Common Questions About Floodproofing