We recommend that you look at the following sites to assist in preparing your family and property in the event of a flood.
- Get Prepared: Government of Canada site providing information on preparing yourself for flooding and tips for protecting your property.
- Flood Smart Canada: Provides information on the risks, what you can do to prepare, and what to do if you experience a flood.
- Ontario Floods: Province of Ontario site providing information on preparing for and protecting yourself in the event of a flood.
- Porcupine Health Unit: The Porcupine Health Unit provides information on what to do in the event of a flood.
Publications and Brochures
- MRCA Flood Contingency Plan 2020
- Flood Forecast and Warning—What is it? (Conservation Ontario pamphlet)
- Some Common Questions About Floodproofing