Communications and Marketing Intern
(NOHFC Internship-1 year)
The Mattagami Region Conservation Authority (MRCA) is a local watershed management agency located in Northeastern Ontario whose mandate is to deliver services and programs to protect and manage water and other natural resources. We have a key role in providing recreational open space and trails, conservation information, and education to the residents of our watershed.
The Communications and Marketing Internship is a 1-year paid contract position to support the MRCA team, and its charitable arm, the Wintergreen Fund for Conservation, in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy and the associated materials to enhance and promote our services and activities. This role provides the opportunity for an intern to contribute their technological aptitude, design and marketing skills to a community-based, non-profit organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of a marketing strategy according to the MRCA Strategic Plan.
- Research different communication and marketing avenues that will best fit the organization (traditional, social media, other).
- Develop a database of targeted and generic advertising materials.
- Increase awareness of services and activities associated with MRCA and Wintergreen Fund for Conservation.
- Assist with charitable fundraising campaign management and special events.
Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) funding for the position
requires the following:
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary graduate with specialization in areas related to communications, marketing, public relations or similar;
- Understanding of strategic marketing planning, social media engagement, digital marketing tools and trends, internal and external communications;
- Computer literacy and high proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and comprehension, interpersonal, research, and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
- Fluency in English required, bilingualism considered an asset.
- Experience with graphic design, social media and website management is considered an asset (ex. Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress).
This is a full-time 35 hour/week, one-year contract intern position.
How to apply?
Please submit your cover letter and resume
Via email with the subject line “Communications and Marketing Intern” to: [email protected] , or
By mail or hand delivered to: 100 Lakeshore Rd, Timmins, ON P4N 8R5
Friday, June 16, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please make your needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.