UPDATE-July 9, 2020
Bart Thomson Trail between Station Street and Deadman’s Point has been opened.
UPDATE-July 7, 2020
Bart Thomson Trail is still closed.
Bridge to Bridge Trail: rough patches behind ESC Theriault and TH&VS.
Rotary Trail: rough trail on sloped areas.
UPDATE-June 29, 2020:
The Scout Rock Trail has been re-opened. Some area still have smaller wash-outs, however the trail is passable.
Due to the heavy rains over the past 2 days, most of the MRCA trails have experienced major washouts and damage.
Bart Thomson Trail Closure:
The section of trail from the White Waterfront Park through to Northern College is CLOSED. Many sections of the Bart Thomson Trail around Porcupine Lake have also had major washouts. Residents are asked not to use the trail at this time.
Scout Rock Trail Closure:
The section of trail between Denise Park and McLean Drive is closed due to rain damage.
GENERAL TRAIL NOTIFICATION:
- Bridge to Bridge Trail: Gillies Street access, behind ESC Theriault and TH&VS, along with the Airport Road area have all received substantial damage.
- Scout Rock Trail: Behind the hospital has washed out areas.
- Gillies Lake Trail: Low lying areas have water damage.
- Rotary Trail: Some sections blocked off due to major washouts.
- Golden Springs: Low lying areas are flooded.
Crews will be out repairing areas over the next couple weeks.